Saturday, April 26, 2014

IDOC Ballad

Some schools demand only FAFSA
To dole out their scholarship pay
Em’ry uses IDOC to make sure that
Their students are as poor as they say

Before the great IDOC was open
The ‘Profile’ was a criteria
The payment required, however
Was not allowed when from Nigeria

A fee waiver solved that one problem
So to the post office I flew
To buy a good letter-sized envelope
To put the tax papers into

Filling out forms had been tedious
It seemed to take more than an age
IDOC, beyond that, required
A signature on every page

Another obstácle presented
Though Profile’d already been paid for
My parent’s good foreign papers
Weren’t letter, but myst’rious A4

I visit’d the financial aid office
And while ‘twas a very nice place
The info I got there was useful as
Slapping myself in the face

Good scissors then solved paper problem
Just as waiver had given me hope
In manila I ‘serted my documents
And lickéd the good envelope

With burden in hand I progresséd
To post’ffice and sent it sans fear
My IDOC adventure is over
Until February next year

No comments:

Post a Comment