Thursday, December 5, 2013

Trivia Night

Hey, Benjamin here. I've just noticed that Chris has posted two 'Screenshot of the Day' segments back to back, so I thought I'd put up something else for those of you not interested in video games (also to convince my parents that I do things besides stare at my computer). Yesterday evening, I went out with some friends for a night of pub trivia (I drank water, parents). It was a healthy experience for showing me how much I didn't know, but I'll go ahead and paraphrase the questions I had a confident answer for.

What lead role does actor Nathan Fillion play in a current TV show?

In the North American edition of Clue, he's called Mr. Body. His name in the original version was Dr. ____

In the Hunger Games, what District 11 tribute uses a sling?

The Roman name for this goddess was Victoria. What was her Greek name?









Answers:
Richard Castle. (Thanks, Luke.)

Black. I suggested Dr. 'Black' in passing, but I agreed with my team that that was a preposterous suggestion, so we decided on answering Dr. 'X'. The answer ended up being 'Black', and in retrospect, it makes sense.

Rue-- the only other District 11 tribute was Thresh, and I can't see him using a sling. Not that I've read The Hunger Games. I've actually never picked up the book and don't know anything about them at all.

Nike. All the major Greek goddesses had Roman names that weren't Victoria. Given that Nike was the goddess of victory, there was a pretty logical connection.


All in all, a pretty good night. I also learned that sand dollars are called 'snapper biscuits' in New Zealand.

6 comments:

  1. Do you like reading books? If so you should really read the hunger games series, it's amazing! I mean not amazing in the sense that there's a lot of killing, but there really is a deeper meaning to the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do read, but haven't had much free time for books lately. I have to admit that I am interested in the Hunger Games series, though.

      Delete
    2. You should definitely read them then! Did you watch the movies?

      Delete
    3. I'm hesitant to admit this as well, but yes, I have seen the movies.

      Delete
    4. They were good eh? Actually I think Catching Fire was a little better than the Hunger Games.

      Delete