Thursday, December 5, 2013

Screenshot of the Day: Half-Life 2 Episode 1


I did that.
Half-Life 2 Episode 1-- an FPS probably more accurately titled 'Half-Life 2: A Series of Unfortunate Events'. In the picture here, I'm holding the standard pistol, seeing as I used up all my other ammunition in a zombie horror sequence underground. Long story short, my flashlight ran out of batteries just as the undead closed in around me. It's been a thrilling ride, and I've found I can't handle more than half an hour or so at a time. I'm often asked myself why I keep coming back for more, and I think the answer is that the Half-Life series engages me as few other games can, flowing smoothly while still exposing me to new situations, telling a captivating story while never taking control away in a cutscene. It's a solid, immersive experience that's not likely to be replicated any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment