Monday, October 20, 2014

Desk Art

Keeping a messy desk is a lot like flower arranging-- an art of ratios and balance working to make an aesthetically pleasing whole. The desk I work with is roughly a golden rectangle, the shape of  Ancient Greek temples.

My printer is to the left and back, rising with a pile of books to balance the focus of my laptop in the center right. The far right corner contains a small pile of opened amazon packages to even things out in the absence of a computer. Working from back to front, a general slope focuses the desk outwards, falling from the highest point, my desk lamp, to my lab goggles in front. To bring unity to the whole, receipts from the cafeteria cover everything, clustering at low points to produce the final light gradient.

No comments:

Post a Comment