Sunday, January 28, 2018

Head Blanket

One of the habits I picked up in the Yukon was sleeping with a blanket wrapped around my head. It made a lot of sense at the time, since the two main obstacles to sleep were the cold and the light. Most nights, I slept in a sleeping bag inside another sleeping bag, with a small blanket up top so that only my nose and mouth were exposed. On colder nights, I would wear a jacket and a beanie as well, with my head blanket adjusted so that only my nose was open to the elements, nobly sacrificing its comfort for the ability to breathe.

Now that I'm back in the south, I still sleep with a head blanket whenever my ears are anything other than warm. As an added bonus, I get the feeling of fabric over my eyes, which is for some reason oddly comforting. I don't need to be quite as cocooned as I was out in the wild, but I'm happy to still enjoy the coziness of a head blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment