Saturday, November 23, 2013

Simple Chili

I've just come to the end of a perspective-questioning day, thanks to my Biology class, and here comes the inevitable chili recipe (for what is the essential difference between man and chili?) I discovered that neither Benjamin nor Chris like cooking, so I'll be doing this post myself. To make a simple chili:
Combine in Saucepan:
- 1 can beans
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
Consider:
- What makes an onion medium except the size of its peers? Does this mean that the Chemistry test I took on Thursday should be curved?
Set the saucepan to cook over 'medium' heat.
Add spices. My 14-year-old self recommended:
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 spoons taco seasoning
- 2 spoons curry powder
- 1 spoon ketchup
- 1 spoon mustard
- 1 spoon salt
- Oregano, basil, cinnamon, and parsley to taste
Regret:
- The culinary decisions of 14-year-self.
- That 14-year-old self did not specify whether to use teaspoons or tablespoons.
Stir ingredients and cook until 'done'. During this time, realize key differences between humanity and chili (eg. sentience, ability to love and be loved). Remove chili from heat and consume. Consider that curving test grades can lead to unhealthy competition between students. There's nothing like a simple chili to bring you back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment