Thursday, February 13, 2014

Finishing Mass Effect 2


A couple weeks ago, I posted about my experiences at the beginning of Mass Effect 2. To sum up, Mass Effect 2 is a space adventure RPG-- captaining a spaceship around the galaxy in a grand story about humanity's place in the universe. After about 22 hours of playtime, I've finished the game, and my strong recommendation still stands,

It's easy to play Mass Effect 2 in half-hour chunks-- you can count on each little episode to have a bit of shooting, a bit of dialog, and a bit of exploration woven together in a story that ties into the overarching narrative. Besides that, it's fun to be a space captain, building a cohesive crew, making big decisions, or just assembling model spaceships in your cabin.

There are some negatives-- environments sometimes aren't as interactive as they could be, and using powers in combat can be a hassle. There's so much done right, however, that I think Mass Effect 2 has joined the ranks of my favorite games. It's always nice to end on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment