Friday, February 28, 2014

Screenshot of the Day: Assassin's Creed II


I shooed an eagle off in order to crouch there.
Assassin's Creed II is a stealth/parkour/stabbing people game with a strong focus on historical setting. It's widely considered to be the peak of the Assassin's Creed series, and I decided I could no longer overlook the 75% off sale on Steam. Assassin's Creed II is set in Renaissance Italy, a colorful and energetic setting. You play as a young Florentine nobleman who turns to assassination when his family is decimated by a conspiracy.

Some of my favorite moments in Assassin's Creed II are the chases. I'll be walking through a crowd and hear a bunch of hooligans begin to recognize me as the guy who beat up their boss earlier. As they run towards me, I just need to hold down two buttons and sprint towards the nearest stack of crates for my character to vault up onto the rooftoops. From there, I can run and hide or clobber my pursuers one by one as they clamber up after me.

Contrary to my expectations, I spent most of my time in Assassin's Creed II leaping over rooftops or pick-pocketing merchants rather than stabbing people. After three hours of playtime, I've only assassinated one person. A lot of hardcore gamers say that Assassin's Creed II is too easy, but the difficulty is just what I want at the moment, allowing me to traverse and play in  a beautiful and vital city without too much frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment