Friday, March 7, 2014

Screenshot of the Day: The Lord of the Rings Online

I dyed that cape myself.
A few days ago, I realized that I was running out of space on my hard drive. On my computer, games take up most of the space, and I needed to choose a few games to uninstall. I went through my Steam list and removed Civilization IV and some Half-Life 2 expansions, but I still needed to free up more space. I searched through the list for a game I would never, ever play, and finally settled on Lord of the Rings Online. I figured that if I wanted to play an MMORPG with an immersive, lore-driven world, I could just load up Neverwinter.

The very next day, I got an email about a review job I had applied for a little while ago. I could almost feel the wheels of fate rolling as I was given the assignment of reviewing Lord of the Rings Online. Also known as Lotro, Lord of the Rings Online is an MMORPG set in Middle Earth during the War of the Ring. Players choose a race (human, elf, dwarf, or hobbit) and a class, and follow series of quests as they level up and work together with or against other players.

I'm enjoying myself a lot more than when I first played Lotro several months ago, which is good considering I need to get to a pretty respectable level in order to review the player-vs-player and other high-tier mechanics. I'll hopefully have the full review online somewhere in a few weeks time, but right now I'm thinking I might want to go play some Civilization IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment