Saturday, March 8, 2014

Thoughts on Groceries

What happens when a student, after a week of hard work and thinking, starts Spring Break and then tries to write a blog post? With that in mind, let's scrape the bottom of the idea barrel and talk about the groceries I bought today.

Bread is a good start-- filling, but not too expensive. The next logical step is finding something to put on it. Here in the dorm, there's a good chance that anything stored in the fridge is likely to never be seen again, so keeping things cold is out of the question. I got a jar peanut butter because I like peanut butter, some spreadable meat because I know someone who doesn't like spreadable meat, and a can of spam because it makes me think of the time I was in a romantic relationship.

I'm beginning to realize that writing in this condition might not be a good idea, but I might as well go on with the grocery list. I got two boxes of pop-tarts, which are great snacks in my opinion. They don't remind me of anything besides eating pop-tarts. My friends and I were about to leave the grocery store when we walked past the two-liter bottles of soda that were selling for 99 cents each. I was surprised enough to buy a bottle of cream soda. It might be enough to make me pause the next time someone tries to sell me 50 cl of soda for a dollar.

And that's the station where my train of thought stops for today. I just need one more sentence to round out my conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment