Sunday, April 6, 2014

Alexander the Great

Alexander the Great; so ambitious that he was distressed upon hearing his father's victories-- the more territory Philip took, the less there would be left for Alexander to conquer. It is said that he slept with a dagger and a copy of the Iliad under his pillow.

One of my classes is currently studying Alexander the Great, and funnily enough, we students are probably around the same age as Alexander was when he became king of Macedon and began his conquests. This can be discouraging-- I'm currently making minimum wage guarding pictures of Alexander the Great in the museum. On the other hand, I'm content with what I have, something that can't be said for Alexander at any age.

1 comment:

  1. True religion with contentment is great wealth. (I Timothy 6:6)

    ReplyDelete