Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Upside of Limping

I've just come back from a week of camp, and one of the results of this recent sharp increase in daily physical activity is several aches and a thriving limp.

I've been pondering for years whether having a headache or an upset stomach is worse, and today I'd like to consider the mild achy limp as the best possible ailment in my opinion. The knowledge that your pain is the result of something beneficial (lots of physical activity) is a plus, and even better is the fact that you're not hindered by said pain unless you're walking around. In addition to all this, a limp can be a potential conversation-starter, a much-needed commodity in my social enterprises. The only real downside so far is not being able to cross streets as quickly as before.

All in all, I'm glad to have had a good week at camp and to have taken away something to remember it by.


No comments:

Post a Comment