Saturday, January 31, 2015

Turbo Tax

It's come to that time of year where I, through lots of income tax forms and help from my parents, try to convince the government that they shouldn't take any money from me. In my feeble attempts to e-file instead of filling out physical forms, I stumbled upon TurboTax. This post is going to sound a lot like an advertisement.

It's like walking into an icy cold shower only to find that it's steaming warm and a string quartet is playing classical music in the next room while two or three long-lost friends grate orange peels in the kitchen. Instead of lines of boxes to fill in, TurboTax asks questions one at a time: what is your name? How much interest did you earn on your savings account? I'm fairly confident that TurboTax is targeted at a 12-and-under demographic, but that's what makes it brilliant-- when it comes to taxes, at least, I feel as confused and isolated as any chidler lost in a large department store.

Four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment