Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ordering Food

There are a lot of factors that influence what I'll order at a restaurant: price, portion size, and predicted tastiness all play a part. Being as withdrawn as I am, though, one of the biggest factors is how long the menu item will take to say and how easy it is to pronounce.

There have been a few times when I haven't been nervous talking to a waiter, but for the most part, my heart rate quickens when it comes time to order. With this in mind, here are some examples of menu items I wouldn't order:

Gyros: is it pronounced "Guy-rows?" "Yee-ros?" I feel like a good Mediterranean waiter would disapprove of whatever I say.

Wacky Wednesday Breakfast Platter: I don't like saying silly things to people I don't know.

Zesty Chicken Sandwich Combo: combos that involve choosing a side and a drink are, for me, more hassle than they're worth.

These are, of course, silly reasons to limit my diet. One day, with practice, I might order foie gras or a junior double Alaskan burger. Today, though, I'll have the chicken sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment