Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Minecraft Writing

One of the writing contracts I took last summer was for a short story set in Minecraft, the world's best-selling PC game. For various reasons, I quit the job after finishing the story but before getting paid. This was a bit of a downer, but it meant I still owned the rights to the story, so I put it in my online portfolio.

Ever since then, I've gotten regular interview invitations to write more Minecraft stories. Now that summer has arrived, I can start accepting these jobs. I'm guessing there's a high demand for Minecraft story-writers because the older, more experienced writers on the site I work on probably haven't played Minecraft (released in 2009). There's a smaller pool, then of freelancers who have experience with the game.

Long story short, I'm getting more convinced that Minecraft is the most productive game I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment