Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Return Policy

I ate a can of tinned pears today and noticed an interesting notice on the label: "If for any reason you aren't happy [with the product], we'll replace it or return your money ... all you need is the package and the receipt."

It just so happens that I wasn't quite happy with the product. The pears were good, but they would have tasted better in heavy syrup rather than the extra light syrup I got. I have the packaging (i.e. the can) and the receipt, and after checking the store policy online, I know that non-perishable foods such as tinned pears can be returned within 90 days of purchase.

Could I make a return in this situation? It seems too good to be true. My guess is that in addition to the packaging, the item itself needs to be returned, which is a bit of a downer because I ate the pears already. It's for the best, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment