Saturday, April 21, 2018

Graphical Updates

My laptop computer has begun to show its age in various ways; things have started to run more slowly and buggily, and it crashes more often than it used to. Since I have entered a relatively static residential situation, I decided to make the leap to using a desktop computer. I did some research, ordered the parts, and put everything together with my brother's help and only a little bit of smoke and melted wire. Being new, this desktop should be a big step forward in computing power compared to my laptop. I'm looking forward to running games at higher graphics settings than I ever thought I would be able to use.

My real-life visuals have also received an upgrade. Over the past couple years, I started to notice that I couldn't read far-away road signs as well as I once could. A few months ago, I tried on my brother's glasses just for goofs and was surprised to see that everything became clearer and sharper. After an eye exam last Saturday and a few days of waiting, I now have my first pair of glasses. It has been a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment