Saturday, January 11, 2014

Screenshot of the Day: Fable


You can't see it, but this kid has an impressive mullet.
Fable is a fantasy RPG. True to its name, Fable starts off with a perfectly stereotypical "Once upon a time..." beginning, establishing a young protagonist in a peaceful village. It's an interesting game in that it follows the whole life of your hero, from childhood to old age. I have to say, however, that the child at the beginning looks the least heroic of any character I've played, as far as I can remember. Raggedy shirt and shorts are one thing, and the addition of big gloves and sandals makes the young hero ridiculous, though endearing. I'm sure near the end of the game, when I'm equipped with the strongest armor and most impressive weapons, I'll look back at this picture and smile. That, in the end, is probably what makes a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment