Friday, January 10, 2014

Sleep, Cheerios, and Cars

Hi, Benjamin here. One of the things we learned in Health class last semester was the relationship between tiredness and brain function, specifically memory. Funnily enough, I forgot to do the memory assignment we were supposed to do when tired. This evening, though, I thought I'd have a go with my cognitive skills when they're not at their best?

My question is this: using the energy from a single bowl of cheerios, how high could you lift a 2000 pound car? The answer I got was approximately 170 feet, even after double-checking. In the state I'm currently in, I don't know how feasible this is, so if anyone else wants to try out this problem, I'd be happy to find out how my brain works when tired. Health is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment