Sunday, December 3, 2017

Then, Now, and In Between

It's been a year and a bit since my last post, and I'm looking to get back in blogness. I don't think I've changed hugely in that time-- looking again at the blog description that I wrote three or four years ago, I can confirm that I still like plants, games, King Arthur, and thinking about eye contact on public transportation.

There have been, of course, a few life changes. I graduated college in May, worked on a research project in the Yukon for four months, wandered through three months of self-esteem-decreasing underemployment, and have most recently moved to Charleston, South Carolina to start a new job in pest control. There are stories here that I can tell at a later date, but to reflect the general life transition of the past year, I have changed my blog's visual theme.

I fell off the wagon of blog-writing for a few reasons, the biggest being that I felt like I was running out of things I found interesting to write about. As I start blogging again now, I am hopeful that the thoughts and events of a year will be sufficient fuel to get me back in the habit. Additionally, the blank page that is my first real job and solo apartment should produce some new situations and thoughts for this blog's benefit.

With any luck, this will be a second wind for Variant Minds. If not, third time's the charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment