Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Elevator vs Stairs

Most of today's high-rise buildings offer a choice between an elevator and stairs. Sometimes, the choice is clear; if there's a fire, you need to take the stairs, and if you're in a wheelchair, you probably need to take the elevator. For me personally, having to go up more than three stories is about the point where I'll take the elevator unless I'm actively looking for exercise.

In the past, I've had fun racing down stairs to see if I could get to the ground floor faster than friends in an elevator. For a fair contest, you begin at the fourth or fifth floor and start running as soon as the elevator-summoning button is pressed. The next level of challenge, of course, is to race an elevator up, but I haven't gotten there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment