Sunday, May 4, 2014

Screenshot of the Day: Half-Life 2 Episode Two

I never go to places that aren't dangerous.

Half-Life 2: Episode Two is the second sequel to Valve's oft-considered-best-game-of-all-time Half-Life 2. The basic formula is the same, but new environments and situations keep things interesting. After fighting through Episode One alongside NPC Alyx Vance, I've begun to really care about her as a character, something very rare for me in non-Bioware games. Another thing that impressed me is that the new enemies introduced fit into the Half-Life combat system so well, but still force the player to develop new tactics. When confronted with long-range ant-lions, the I had to switch the shotgun that had carried me through most of Episode One with the less powerful but more accurate handgun. There's a lot more to say, but it all leads to the same conclusion: Half-Life 2: Episode Two is a pretty great game.

No comments:

Post a Comment