Thursday, March 19, 2015

Flower and Deer

There's a saying in leave-no-trace camping: "Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints." In working on my botanical research project, I've been following a similar rule: "Take nothing but reasonable-sized samples, try not to step on plants."

I'm saying all this, of course, to say that I've recently acquired a camera. These pictures were taken on a plant-collecting trip in the Lullwater Preserve on Emory campus.

This is a flower. I didn't sample and press it because I only saw two of these flowers and wouldn't want to remove half the population.
This is a white-tailed deer. The camera wasn't sure what depth to focus on, which makes me appreciate human eyesight-- in real life, the deer wasn't nearly as hidden as it is in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment