Wednesday, January 6, 2016

One Dish Pasta

When cooking for myself, I tend to get stuck in ruts, making the same dishes over and over. It's not the best situation, but it does let me hone recipes to perfection, i.e. the simplest possible without completely sacrificing taste. Here's my current method for making pasta:

1. Boil 1.5 L of water in electric kettle.
2. Make a cup of tea and pour the rest of the water into a saucepan.
3. Put the saucepan on medium heat and add about 2 C dry pasta.
4. Place a jar of pasta sauce in the saucepan alongside the pasta.
5. When the pasta is cooked and the pasta sauce is warm, combine them in a large bowl.

Using this method, the only dishes that really need washing are a bowl and a spoon. The tea is optional, but I usually make it because the kitchen is cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment